Search This Blog

Thursday, October 1, 2015

EOTD: Focus on Fyrinnae's Exquisites in Fantasy Creatures


I normally wait until I do swatches first, but I'm so excited about this, I have to share. Today I did an EOTD with one of Fyrinnae's Exquisite eyeshadows in Fantasy Creatures. Here's what Fyrinnae said about their Exquisites:

"Exquisites are a new variation of our popular Arcane Magic eye shadows.  These shadows have stronger color changes (not a "duochrome", which is usually one hue layered over another) without depending on an opaque base hue, making them stunning alone or over many other colors. The transparency makes them suitable for a wide variety of skintones without compromising color. A sticky base is highly recommended."
This is the description of Fantasy Creatures:

"Vivid lime green sparkle on a sheer tan base turns bright pink at an angle or closer to light. Despite the appearance in product photos of an opaque base hue, this shadow is transparent as shown on the right, comprised mainly of color-changing sparkle, so can easily be applied over other colors. A sticky base is highly recommended."

Sounds too good to be true, right? Ok, so it looks like I need glitter glue to make it look pretty, that's usually a warning sign for me. What if the only way it looks good is if I gently pat in on over thousands of layers of glitter glue & eyeliners, after first performing a ritual dance to the make up gods and offering a sacrificial chicken to the glitter fairies?

Well, screw it! I wanted to see how they look like over primer alone so this happened:


Fyrinnae, Exquisites, Fantasy Creatures
Over Eccentric Cosmetics' primer only!

This is over Eccentric Cosmetics' primer only! On my top lid, I have Fantasy Creatures on at least 2/3rds of the inner corner of my eye. I blended into Fyrinnae's Serendipity in the outer corner, covering only about a third of the outer corner. I further blended Make Up Store's Pollution in the outer corner to add more depth. On my lower lash line, I have Fyrinnae's Crimson Ghost on the inner corner and Fyrinnae's Debonair on the outer corner. 

It's pretty enough, but does it shift? Hell yes.


Fyrinnae, Exquisites, Fantasy Creatures

The pink and green are both Fantasy Creatures! Another angle from the front...you see how the shift shifted on my eye. It's all just one colour on the inner 2/3rds of my eye.

Fyrinnae, Exquisites, Fantasy Creatures

It turns pure gold at certain angles too!

Fyrinnae, Exquisites, Fantasy Creatures


Fyrinnae, Exquisites, Fantasy Creatures


I think this picture gives you an idea of how shiftastic this eyeshadow is:

Fyrinnae, Exquisites, Fantasy Creatures
I didn't do mismatched eyes, I swear!
Fyrinnae, Exquisites, Fantasy Creatures
You can see the shift move again in the eyes closed shot!


Oh, and I know /u/Dorian_Gray_ said several times that the colour shift isn't as dramatic in real life and your eye can't can't all the subtle colour changes but guess what? My camera isn't capturing how dramatic the colour shift is IRL! Maybe it's one of the blessings of having monolids (nice, creaseless but curved plane to work on...pretty much like an arm swatch), but I can't stop shaking my head in front of a mirror and giggling because I can see the colours dance.


1 comment:


  1. If you want to rank at the top of search engines, you need enhance your Website SEO Basics , which include specific content for your website, faster loading times, and quality backlinks, among other things. These tips can help you take your business to the next level and generate more money.

    ReplyDelete